Please note this is a CASUAL position.
Administrative Assistant 3
Salary Range: $20.50 (Grid 5, Step 1)
Hours of Work: 0-36 hours per week
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday
Days off: Saturday and Sunday
Date Posted: September 22, 2021
Competition Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Internal Posting Location: https://opendoorgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Commencement Date: ASAP
Location: Vancouver, BC
About Open Door Group:
Open Door Group is a non-profit organization that has been serving communities across British Columbia since 1976. Today, we continue to provide tailored employment services to individuals and businesses to build strong workforce ecosystems and thriving communities.
Certified as a Great Place to Work™, and ranked as one of the Top 50 Employers in BC in 2020, we pride ourselves on modeling a culture of authenticity and transparency. Our core values are based on the genuine belief that all individuals have the ability to succeed and are the drivers of their own success, and we aim to support lifelong learning and career success for the people we serve, as well as our employees.
As a Certified Living Wage Employer, Open Door Group strives to offer competitive wages and benefits for our staff. All permanent staff at Open Door Group receive a comprehensive, 100% employer-paid benefits package, a municipal pension plan, and supplemental benefits including earned days off and ongoing professional development. Open Door Group also offers an Employee and Family Assistance program to support the well-being of each of our staff.
Reporting directly or indirectly to the Project Manager, Operations, the Administrative Assistant 3 is responsible for supporting the administration of Open Door Group by performing data entry functions such as inputting client information into relevant computerized systems and responding to inquiries related to programs and policies. Since this position is heavily administrative in nature, the successful candidate should possess strong organizational skills and be comfortable working with deadlines and to standards.
The Administrative Assistant 3 is responsible for drafting documents and producing statistical reports and liaising with external parties regarding program eligibility requirements and the status of applications.
- Performs word processing and data entry duties such as inputting client information, processing enrollment data, maintaining relevant database/files/documents, updating manuals, and preparing reports.
- Prepare letters and presentation material from rough draft and/or recording devices, using software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and databases.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of stakeholders including clients, referral sources, funders and staff and provides direction and/or information regarding programs and policies and the status of applications. Refers issues/services for follow-up appropriate staff resource. Reports problems to supervisor.
- Assists with client intake by performing duties such as obtaining information, completing documentation required for administration/registration, and liaising with information sources to obtain additional client information. Schedules and confirms client for programs and/or services and establishes/maintains waiting lists.
- Composes and signs general correspondence such as confirmation of enrollment, payments and information requests. Drafts correspondence for review and signature.
- Arranges meetings as directed, books meeting rooms, and types and circulates notices and agendas. Transcribes and distributes notes and minutes of meetings.
- Gathers and compiles information as required such as client information and statistics.
- Performs record management duties such as setting up and maintaining numeric, alphabetical, and subject filing systems, indexing files, and materials to be filed, and
conducting file searches for requested information.
- Places purchase orders with external suppliers, receives supplies, checks invoices against orders and goods received, stores and distributes supplies, and contacts suppliers to obtain and/or provide general information.
- Contacts approved vendors, and/or property management, to schedule facility repairs.Ensures completion of repairs. Reports problems or issues to supervisor.
- Performs general staffing and timekeeping functions such as calling relief staff from preestablished list, tracking hours worked and reviewing records for accuracy.
- Receives, records, checks, and balances cash transactions, including receiving payments,
issuing receipts, and maintaining a petty cash account.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12;
- Office Administration Certificate;
- Recent, related experience of one (1) year;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Suite Applications: Windows, Word, Excel & Outlook;
- Ability to accurately manage filing systems and databases;
- Ability to type at 60 w.p.m.;
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritize conflicting duties and organize heavy workload;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds;
- Ability to follow instructions and to work independently;
- Knowledge and experience using various databases is considered an asset
- Knowledge or experience with EPBC or Work BC or another employment program;
- Ability to speak French considered an asset
Open Door Group values diversity and is committed to providing an inclusive work environment. We are looking for qualified individuals who represent, at all job levels, the diversity of the people we serve and encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, origin and ethnic affiliations, disability, age, and religion.
We strive to ensure an accessible experience for candidates. If you require an alternative method to submit your application, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us toll-free at 1 866 377 3670 and ask to speak with an HR representative.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Open Door Group team!